Wearing your mask
Putting your mask on
- Wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds.
- Put the mask over your nose and mouth.
- Secure it under your chin.
- Try to fit it snugly against the sides of your face.
- Make sure you can breathe easily.
While you wear your mask
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands often, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds each time.
- Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Keep your mask on your face. Do not leave it hanging from your neck or an ear.
- Avoid touching your mask while using it. Clean your hands thoroughly if you do.
Taking off your mask
- Stretch the ear loops to take off your mask.
- Handle it only by the ear loops.
- Fold the outside corners together.
- If reusing your mask the same day, place mask in a paper bag or unsealed plastic bag until your next use.
- When finished wearing your mask for the day, place it in a sealed bag or directly in the washing machine.
- Be careful not to touch your eyes, nose, and mouth when removing your mask.
- Wash your hands immediately after removing or handling the mask.